Wow! Lincoln is 10 months old today! I can't believe it! I know it sounds cliche, but it really does seem like just yesterday that we were bringing him home from the hospital! He's just delightful! Here are some things he enjoys doing at 10 months...
1. He LOVES music! He just dances, wiggles, and bounces whenever he hears it! (Wonder where he gets that from?!)
2. He crawls SOOO fast! I mean, you just turn around and he's down the hall. It's so cute..like a little crab. I love it when he carries a toy in his hand and you can hear it clunking as he goes!
3. He has mastered the art of taking off his shoes. No matter what kind of shoe it is, he can take it off. He loves the velcro sound...guess I'm doomed for later in life. We'll probably have a barefoot baby.
4. He loves to bang two toys together to make noise. Well really, he just loves to make noise. Screaming, beating a drum, banging things on the table...things that shake or rattle.
5. He's cruising...He can walk all the way around the coffee table, or from the couch to the chair while holding on. It's so cute. He will walk when you hold his hands, and he can stand by himself for a few seconds at a time. When he realizes he's by himself he sits down really fast.
6. He sleeps through the night, most of the time. This week has been really nice...but a few weeks ago we were struggling again. I think it was probably his teeth again.
7. He has 6 teeth. Four on top, two on bottom.
8. He weighs just over 21 pounds...we weighed just last Friday at support group.
9. He's eating lots of table food. Mac & cheese is one of his favorites, he likes green beans, he loves beans at the Mexican place. He also enjoys carrots, pears, and eggs. Oh yeah..and pancakes! And tonight he enjoyed some Hamburger Helper!
10. He babbles all the time. His favorite sound is dadadadada. He doesn't really say "dada" but it's a large string of sounds. He also says doidoidoidoi and bababababa. There's also alot of shrieking that goes on!
11. One of his favorite things is the fridge magnets that Aunt Sheila got him for Christmas. They're the Leap Frog Fridge Phonics...you put the letter in and it sings the sound of the letter. He's figuring out how to put the letters in himself. He can take them out already. He'll push the button and just sit in the floor and bounce.
He's still hanging out during the day with Denise. They just absolutely love each other. And especially her kids. When he sees Kristen, Sara, and Will he just laughs and smiles. He points at them and they make funny faces. It's just like they're all one big family.
I also can't believe he's almost a year old! It's time to plan a party...wow! All of his baby friends are starting to turn one also...we're gearing up for lots of baby parties! Although...I think we should be having mommy parties! We're the ones who did all the work. I always thought it was funny that the person gets to celebrate the birthday, but the Mommy is the one who carried that baby for 9 months, had all that pushing and labor, and stayed up all night for them. Why can't I celebrate Lincoln's birthday?! :)
Lincoln has also experienced a lot of firsts with the new year. First time on an airplane, first time in Florida, first time at Disney World, first time to ring in a New Year...it was an awesome experience.
I know he's little and he won't remember but the pictures are soooo sweet! We had such a great time. We landed in Florida on New Year's Eve and headed to Hollywood Studios. We wanted to go to Magic Kingdom but it was closed: filled to capacity! WOW! So we played at Hollywood Studios. We listened to music, rode the Toy Story ride, met Handy Manny, and watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse live on stage! Lincoln was so good! He rode in his stroller or we carried him in the Ergo and he was wonderful. He napped when he was supposed to, ate Mickey Mouse ice cream, played, giggled, and just generally enjoyed his time.
On Saturday, New Year's Day, we went to Magic Kingdom. We rode Dumbo, watched Mickey's Philharmagic, ate pretzels, ice cream, rode Space Mountain using child swap, rode Pirates of the Caribbean, met Ariel, and just generally enjoyed ourselves. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be. I think that has alot to do with how wonderful Lincoln is. He's just go with the flow, take it as it comes...and it's wonderful. I packed entirely too much (of course) but we managed. Lincoln was wonderful on the plane...he nursed on take-off and landing both times and he slept through almost the whole flight. On the way home he slept for the first 45 minutes or so, then woke up and played for the last 30 minutes. He of course had all the neighbors wrapped around his fingers. They all just loved him.
Here are a few pictures of what we've been up to.....
New Year's Eve at Hollywood Studios.
Meeting Handy Manny....he had to touch him!
Lincoln and Anthony watching a parade.
New Year's Day at the Magic Kingdom! Hello Cinderella's Castle!
Meeting Ariel...and yes, he had to touch her, too!!
My very own Mickey ears!! They even have my name on the back!
Lunch at the Rainforest Cafe.
His favorite place in the whole house! Inside the fridge...
Learning my letters.
Loving on Ma-maw.
Mmmmm...spaghetti. For the very first time.
See the tower....
Watch it fall!!
Enjoying a good book...and a good drool!!