Thursday, June 28, 2012

3 Months


Wowey Zowey! Aspen is already 3 months old!! 


She is such an incredibly sweet baby. She's calm, quiet, and easy going. She is working so hard this week on turning over from back to tummy. She's so close! I feel like that is really quick! I've gotta get Lincoln's stats out and compare what he was doing and when. 

She is a daddy's girl already. They snuggle together on the couch every night. This is how I find them almost every night! 


We're enjoying being home together. Lincoln often drives me crazy...but he's so much fun. Every day  he says or does things that amaze us. He used the word "necessary" the other day...and used it correctly. It was necessary that he have peanut butter. HILARIOUS!
He's developing an incredible imagination and makes up things to do and ways to play. He has a "new" kitchen set and is loving cooking for us. The problem with this imagination is that it gets him in trouble. I think his imagination is running away with him. He started screaming at bedtime. For several nights he woke up 2 or 3 times just screaming, I'm not sure why. But he acted scared to stay in there alone. He asked to leave the light on, so I found our Vicks plug in that has a green light and turned it on for him. For the following several nights he started screaming about going to bed way before it was even time. He kept telling us he was scared to be in his room. That's so sad! There's not really anything you can say to make him feel better. We were at the ends of our rope...what else was there to try?
The next night Anthony took him to bed and he came out without Lincoln crying. I asked him what he did. "I did the only thing I know to do, when I don't know what else to do. I prayed with him." They had a sweet bedtime prayer for protection and he went right to sleep! Now he asks to pray before bed every night and hasn't had any trouble going to sleep since that first night of prayer! 
Why did it take us so long to figure that out?! We pray about everything else, why wouldn't we pray for bedtime? 

Anthony is doing well. Just waiting for August 7th so he can go back to Baptist for his very intensive testing to see what type of kidney he needs. If you're not an organ donor, please consider it. You could save the love of my life!

No comments: