Tuesday, August 19, 2008

July 4th Fireworks

Yeah..I know it's late but let's just talk about how busy I've been! I'm going to try to catch you up on what's been going on around here!


Anthony and I went to spend our 4th of July in Boone with our good friend, Erin. We picked up a couple of friends along the way, too. We used to house-sit/babysit for a family in Boone that are members at the Grandfather Country Club, so we have the hook-up so to speak.


They called and put us on the guest list and we were able to go to the club house and watch the fireworks as they were reflected over the lake of the country club.


It was one of the first times I've put my NEW camera to the test..Fireworks are a very challenging subject if you've never tried! I think it did pretty good.


These were the best fireworks I've seen in YEARS! WAYYYY better than anything we have around home. What do you think?



We sat in the lawn beside the lake under the shadow of Grandfather Mountain's "Mile High Swinging Bridge." For those of you who don't know, it doesn't actually swing anymore! It's quite safe.


The fireworks were perfectly reflected! This was a series of fireworks that zig-zagged back and forth across the water. They were beautiful!

I think this one looks like a flower and it's my favorite! This one will definitly be printed and framed!

No comments: