Tuesday, August 19, 2008

NEW YORK!!

It's here...It's here!!!
Ok..so I told you they were coming! There are so many I can't put them on here, but I made a web album of some of my favorites. Keep in mind that I took HUNDREDS of pictures while we were there and this is just a sample. I was making a CD for Erin so she'd have a copy of our pictures and it took 5 CDs just to hold them all!! CRAZY! We had such an amazing time...there's just no way to describe it if you haven't been. You just need to go.
Erin, Amy and I flew to LaGuardia, hopped a cab and survived the ride to Erin's gramma's apartment where we stayed for our trip. It was a great way to save money, and she was so cute! Amy and Erin have both been to New York, but it was my first time there. We walked miles and miles every day and were exhausted every single day. We only managed to stay up late one night. We went to the top of the Marriott in Times Square to The View. It's a rotating rooftop restaurant/lounge and it was just beautiful. They offer a dessert bar with a never-ending chocolate fountain and all the dippers you could imagine!
We saw Mary Poppins on Broadway..and it was incredible! We really wanted to see The Little Mermaid but we were not disappointed with Mary Poppins. So energetic and the songs are so catchy, I'm sure you know a few! Supercalafragilisticexpialidocious! Just amazing.
I think one of my favorite things was walking across the Brooklyn Bridge. I know it doesn't sound terribly exciting, but it's beautiful. It's a great way to see the city and the bridge itself is a fantastic structure. I took more than 70 pictures on the mile walk across!
The pictures sort of speak for themselves...so you'll see what we did. The only big drama we had happened on the first day, on the first ride on the subway. I had my over-the-shoulder camera bag on and my cell phone was attached to the shoulder strap. The first stop we made, someone was shuffling out the door to exit the train and he bumped my bag and my cell phone fell into the floor. He bent to pick it up, but kicked it instead and it fell between the subway train and the platform, down onto the tracks. I didn't realize what had happened until it was too late and the doors had closed and we were on our way. We turned around and came back, the Metro people came to look for it, but we couldn't find it. They said someone must've jumped down onto the tracks and scooped it up. How ridiculous! We went straight to a Verizon store to have my service suspended and reported it lost/stolen.
Have no fear...as soon as I got home I got a new phone. It felt like I was missing an arm! I didn't know anyone's number by heart, except my mom's and Anthony's. I couldn't call anyone, I was worried about my Thirty-One business...what if they called me and it told them I had been disconnected? How does that look? Anyway...no harm no foul. And according to Amy it was for the better...I finally have a phone that doesn't beep/die constantly!!!
Enjoy the pics....tell me what you think!
You'll see pictures from the Brooklyn Bridge, Southstreet Seaport, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, The View, Times Square, Central Park, The MET, Grand Central Station, the Empire State Building and soo much more!

1 comment:

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

Wow!! What a trip!!! That is amazing.
PS- CAn you believe Hawaii was a year ago? Ren and I are going into a depression just thinking about it...