Thursday, September 10, 2009

Good News


Since most of you who read this already know....I figure it's OK to post about it, now.

But we're almost 12 weeks pregnant and nearly finished with the first trimester!!!! We saw the baby at 8 weeks on ultrasound. We couldn't hear the heartbeat but we could SEE the flicker on the screen. How amazing! It was 180 beats per minute. That's crazy to me.
I couldn't help but cry. What an amazing feeling to see that living thing you've created with someone you love so much. You just can't explain it to anyone else, you just have to experience it.
So our due date is March 28, 2010. Anthony thinks we'll wait till April.
We're also taking votes on the sex of the baby before we know! Ant says it's a girl, my mom has already bought dresses, so she's on the girl side. Erin says it's a boy (although I think it's just so she can buy everything green!). Amy hopes it's a girl....I too want a girl. But we'll be happy with ANYTHING as long as it's healthy.

Next Tuesday, the 14th, we get to hear the heartbeat for the first time! I'm sure that'll be the most exciting moment! We hope to find out the sex by Thanksgiving. Hooray! I can't wait to buy sweet, sweet things....no matter if they're pink or blue.

I bought my first pair of maternity pants today. Amy says I'll hate them before this is over! I finally found some at JCPenney that were long enough, everyone else things all pregnant ladies are 5 foot 6. HA! My belly has popped out and there's a definite bump there now. Anthony is so sweet and snuggles her every night and every morning before we go to work. But he keeps wanting to squeeze and wiggle it. And it's not very fun. It's uncomfortable. He doesn't understand....he says she likes it! ;-)

More to come...

1 comment:

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

We are soooo excited for you guys! I know the pain of trying to find long maternity pants. I actually had luck at Ross. Can you believe it? Do you guys have that out there? Anyway, keep us posted on all the fun details!