Monday, April 26, 2010

Sweet giggles!!

We heard the sweetest sound today!! Anthony was playing with Lincoln....teasing him with his pacifier. He was making noises and tapping it around his mouth, then snatching it away. While he was playing Lincoln let out the sweetest sound I've ever heard! It was officially a giggle!!!! We've seen grins for over a week now, but this was the first REAL laugh..sooooo precious!
So at breastfeeding class on Friday we weighed our tiny monster...he now weighs 9 pounds 11 ounces!! What a big boy! Class was a lot of fun, too. Of course it's a chance to get help with nursing, but it's a great opportunity to get together with other new mommies and see their sweet babies. It's nice to talk to others who are going through the same thing I am...see how they handled it and ask questions. Some of the girls just come b/c they've been coming for almost a year and their kids have become friends and they play together the whole time they're there. It's very sweet.
Wednesday is baby massage again. We went two weeks ago and it was tons of fun! There were 5 babies there and we were the youngest. At one point all 5 babies were screaming. It was quite comical. There wasn't a ton of massaging going on, but everyone needed to eat. We laughed about it. Some of the same mommies and babies are in massage and breastfeeding class. 

Little Lincoln is now over three weeks old....that went fast! He's a very good baby. He really only fusses when he's hungry. He has just now started fussing when he needs a nap, but it doesn't last for long. He is taking his pacifier more often, that helps. Anthony has been back to work for a week now. We have made it alone OK. It's a lot nice when he is here with us. Things are a lot easier. But we're figuring it out together. Nursing is going very well...just takes a while to get used to it. The hardest days are when he wants to eat like every hour. You just get up to do something, and he's fussing to eat again so nothing gets done! 

I've taken oodles of pictures, over 500 already!!!! I just printed over 200 so I can put an album of his first weeks together. It's nice to have them on the computer, but there's nothing like holding his sweet picture in your hands. I'll create an online album and you guys can see what I've been up to! I just recently took some naked baby pictures...they are precious! I teased you with one last time I are a few more.

Lincoln is a very good sleeper at night. We're only getting up twice a night. Some nights we only get up once! Those are like sweet little presents from God!! He's like clockwork...he's always up between 1:30 and 2am, then again between 4:30 and 5. He's usually up for the day around 8 or 8:30. Anthony is in charge of the first feeding. We're using bottles at night so we can both help, and because it's faster. I handle the second feeding so Daddy can get extra sleep because he has to get up and go to work. Sometimes I get lucky and after he nurses in the morning he'll take another short nap, so I get a little extra sleep too. 

We're still using mostly disposable diapers..but today we've been in cloth diapers all day. It's been really easy. We set up a place for our cloth diapers in the nursery so they're easily accessible with their covers and I made a wet pail in the guest bathroom for the dirties. We have 24 diapers and shouldn't have to do laundry too often. We've only gone through 4 or 5 diapers today in about 8 hours. But I didn't put them on him until after his bath around lunch time. I plan on using disposables at night time (faster) and when we're out and about (cleaner and easier). But when we're just hanging around the house it's really easy to use the cloths. He's messed in all of them and none of them have made a mess or gotten anything dirty. Not bad!

Several times a week we get out and stroll up and down the neighborhood. We're also running around town at least one day a week. It's easier to get out of the house, it makes the day go faster.
Oh yeah....and this past weekend we tiled the bathroom floor! No rest for the weary!! It only took between 4 or 5 hours and was TONS easier than the shower walls! It looks great...we've still got to grout it, probably this coming weekend. We also have a few places to patch and sand then I need to paint. I'm getting a new toilet, too!!! A big girl potty for my bathroom!! If you've been to my house recently, you know why I'm so excited about this!
Hope that catches you all up for a while...I'll try VERY hard to post more often.

No comments: