Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Things I Love

I love that Aspen talks like Gollum from Lord of the Rings! She puts -ies on the end of so many things. She says shoesies, handsies, feeties, dinkies (drinks), booksies. It's adorable and I know she will grow out of it soon, so we're trying to enjoy it while it lasts.

I love that my babies love books. Both of them. They just can't get enough. Many times a day I will find them quietly immersed in a book. And MANY times I find them very noisily reciting it! It's something Anthony and I both truly enjoy and I'm so glad to share that passion with them.


I love that my sweet children love each other. They hold hands, read books to each other, play together, share snacks, help each other with problems, try to make the other feel better. They're so loving.
Now, don't get me wrong they FIGHT! Lots! But for the most part they are helpful and caring towards each other. Lincoln is being taught to be Aspen's protector...to take care of her and watch out for her. 

I love that before bed Aspen demands to sing three songs: Jesus Loves the little BooBoos, Jesus Loves the little Children, Jesus Loves Me. They're her favorite and she can be heard singing them throughout the day, no matter where we are. The other day she was singing Jesus Loves Me at the top of her lungs as we went through Target. We didn't have the heart to quiet her!

I love that Lincoln loves Bust'r Bus. He looks forward to going on Tuesdays and Thursdays and he's so glad school has started again. We're back in a routine and schedule. He likes to know what's going to happen next.


I love how much my kids love the Disney channel. That my sound silly but I am so thankful that we watch only Disney around here. When we go to the doctor's office or other places where other channels are playing I just hate it. They're such silly shows. I enjoy Mickey, Sophia, Doc, and Sheriff Callie.

 I love that my parents have a farm!





I love that Lincoln and Aspen can go and play and learn and get dirty. The experiences they have at their house will be things they remember forever. I loved growing up surrounded by animals and such interesting equipment. 

I love that my husband has a new kidney. The change in him, physically and emotionally, is HUGE! He's running, biking, did a triathlon again this year. We've enjoyed more time together without dialysis. We've accomplished more around the house because he's not so tired anymore. (Read: he's never tired and has more energy than he knows what to do with!) Vacations without dialysis are amazing!! His 10 month anniversary is almost upon us. It's truly amazing the goodness of God and his mercies. 

No comments: