Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Twilight Movie Review

Don't read this if you haven't seen the movie...or finished the book even. There may be spoilers!

Anthony and I and a friend went to see Twilight on Opening Night, Friday. I was really, super excited about it, but I knew I might not like it. I LOVED the book and I was sure they wouldn't do it justice. Here's what I thought:

Edward was HOT! At first I didn't like Robert Pattinson as Edward, but he did a great job. Definitly hot enough to be Edward.

Bella was great. Kristen did a great job...super sweet, high school girl love.

Jasper was WEIRD. Why did he always look so funky? And what about his "special" abilities? They weren't even mentioned!

Rosalie and Alice were kind of what I expected. Although, Alice needed more of a part than she was given.

Carslisle was not at ALL what I expected. I didn't like him at all. He was the palest and pastiest of them all! Gross! He was supposed to be Hot like Edward.

Jacob was too pretty. I mean I think he was cute in the book..but he wasn't 'pretty'.

There was only one part where I was REALLY upset during the movie: *spoilers*

When she finally figures out what he is and they walked into the woods (what was that?) and he suddenly tells her she has to see him in the sunlight and he grabs her and runs with her up the hillside. That Bothered me! That's NOT how it happened...where was the meadow with the sweet love scene? How hard is it for them to hike to a meadow and have a sweet scene. I didn't like the shiney skin either...I expected more of a radiance..a kind of glowing reflection of the sun that shone off his skin. Either way..that whole 5-10 minutes really bothered me.

I really liked the baseball game...and I liked the VERY end as the credits were rolling. I won't say much ore for those who haven't seen it!

Who's ready for New Moon?

PS. Why can't I be a hottie vampire?!

1 comment:

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

Sounds like a lot of my comments! I do think a lot of the progression was rushed...like that scene you didn't like!