Friday, June 4, 2010

Weeks 6-9

We've been busy lately and up to quite a bit of fun. We've got some fun pictures to share!

Lincoln and Lile love to take strolls through the neighborhood. Lincoln usually ends up falling asleep and Lile barks at all the neighbor's dogs. It's usually quite interesting! 

Mom and I went to Gaffney, SC to hit the outlets last week. We didn't come home with anything fantastic but we sure had a really good day. That's the giant "peach butt" to tell you you're in Gaffney. 

Lincoln and I have started walking with my old friend, Jessica, and her sweet baby Avah. Lincoln and Avah were due one day apart but Avah was two weeks early and Lincoln waited a week late. They ended up three weeks apart. But we've been hanging out alot and going to baby massage and such. I always ask Lincoln if he wants to go see his girlfriend. We took these pics the last time we walked.

We're pretty happy babies!

Avah: "Waaahhhhh!" Lincoln: "Oh, maybe I should cry, too!!"

Avah: "Waaaaahhhhhh!" Lincoln: "Ugh...girls!"
We've been walking about twice a week for the last two weeks. We're up to almost 3 miles at a time. Not bad!

We just took our first overnight trip with Lincoln. We wanted to run away for the weekend of Memorial Day because all we've been doing on the weekends since we got pregnant was working on the bathroom. I thought it might be nice to do nothing! Or at least do something for fun. We decided on Columbia, SC so we could go to the Riverbanks Zoo

We had a reallllly fun day! Lincoln was asleep when we first got there and probably slept for about half an hour. After that he was awake alllllll day! He didn't take a single nap all day. I guess there was just so much going on and so much to see and hear that he couldn't stand to shut his eyes for one second! 
This is a Galapagos tortoise that was bigger than you could imagine! We tried to get the stroller beside him so you could see the size of him but those pesky kids kept getting in the way!! 
Lincoln even had his first amusement park ride while we were there! We chose the cheetah because it's the fastest land mammal. He seemed to enjoy it. He liked the air blowing through his hair. He's such a hot baby. He's always sweaty! It was fun.
Daddy and baby on the tram ride between the zoo and the gardens. He's not sleeping, just enjoying the movement of the air! Not that he's in a different shirt this time....pooping accident!
I even nursed him at the zoo. Good for me. It's a little uncomfortable just physically, not very comfy places to sit. But all went well and we were all very happy. It was a little warm, but the humidity was gross. It rained around lunchtime so we left and had lunch outside the zoo and came back when the rain had passed. That cooled it down quite nicely. 
We stayed in downtown Columbia in the Vista area. It was nice. You can walk to tons of restaurants and shops and such. Saturday night we ate at California Dreaming.
It's an old train depot that's been remodeled. I'd only been one other time when my cousins, Tony & Stephanie, got married. I remembered it being a pretty nice place and I was right. It was really good. 

Here's a pic of me and baby before dinner...he's sooo cute!

Sunday was zoo day and afterwards we had dinner at Mellow Mushroom. It was just a few blocks up from the hotel. I'm NOT a fan, but Anthony loves it. I made him swing by Marble Slab Creamery on the way back to the hotel as my reward for eating at the Mushroom!

We had a lamaze reunion where we got all our babies together. It was so much fun and they were very cute! They all have such different personalities and are such different sizes even though they're not very far apart in age. Note Lincoln asleep in the Boppy. The only one who was conked out. Left to right they're Lincoln, Sarah Paige, Layla, Samantha, and Reid. Sarah is the oldest and Layla is the youngest. We'll have to get them together again. 

We had our 2 month doctor's visit yesterday. He weighs a Whopping 14 pounds, 7 1/2 ounces!!!!! He's 25 inches long. What a big boy. He's over the 95th percentile for height and weight. He's in the 50th percentile for his head, 14 1/2 inches. Dr. Todd said he looked wonderful and was impressed with his head and trunk control. He had to have his first shots. How sad that was! Notice in the pic he's checking out his hand. He's found them and will just stare. It's so cute.
The shots were not fun, talk about an unhappy baby.

Note the battle wounds! His first bandaids! He was a little extra fussy for a while later in the day. His legs were sore and he didn't want me to touch them and he even cried when he wiggled them on accident! He slept wonderful last night, even though I was nervous. We had to give him some Tylenol for the first time, too. He had 100.5 last night before bed. Just from the shots, though. All is well today and he's been a pretty happy boy. I'm glad it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. 
He's still sleeping from 10-7 every night. Talk about wonderful!!
We don't have anything coming up lately...but we'll post again soon.


LynetteRyhal said...

Lincoln's so stinkin' cute! Especially in the picture of the two of you. I have pictures of Kyra with little band-aids as well that I need to post. Glad to hear he's doing okay after his shots!

Anna and Jeromy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna and Jeromy said...

Lincoln is going to make Ian look really tiny! Those are going to be funny pictures.

Ren, Anna & Tristan said...

He is seriously the cutest baby ever! I love him!

Kyla and Anthony said...

Thanks guys!!

He is pretty cute! Hope everyone is well....