Monday, March 15, 2010

2 Weeks til D-Day!

Can you believe it???
We're only two weeks away from Lincoln's due date! As of today we are 13 days away! How crazy is that?! I alternate between being glad the pregnancy is still so easy and being really ready to see him. I mean to be 38 weeks pregnant I really have nothing to complain about. My feet are swollen at the end of the day, but big deal. It doesn't hurt. My belly's big and I have to push to get up, but that's really no big deal either. I miss some things about not being pregnant, but that'll happen again soon enough. So all in all it's still really easy.
Dad asked me if I was ready. I didn't know what to say. I've never reached "miserable" about being pregnant. I've never felt that I just needed to get him out. Dad just wondered if I really enjoyed having him so close or if I was ready to have him out. I really can't say. It's really easy to go out still, he just goes right along with us. I've not had trouble eating things...or been sick.
I went to visit baby Avah yesterday. My friend, Jessica, and I were pregnant together and she was due the day before me, March 27. But Avah had other plans. So Avah was born Friday night and I snuggled her yesterday. She's sweet and tiny. She weighed 6 pounds 13 ounces and was 21 inches long. She was delivered by C-section b/c Jess's blood pressure spiked and they enduced but she didn't progress. All is well though and Avah is perfect and very, very cute. I did take my camera but stupidly didn't have my memory card in so I couldn't snap her picture. I did take some with Jess' camera so when she sends them to me I can share.
Last week at the doctor I was about 50% thinned out, but not dialated. I go again tomorrow, so I guess we'll see where I am now. Today was my GOAL day at school! I have to teach 120 days for the year to count towards tenure and a year of experience. Because I used 3 sick days this year I had to work a few extra. But as long as I made it to today we're all good! Lincoln can now come whenever he wants! Let's get this party started! I plan on working as long as I still feel good, or until he decides it's time to make his debut. But now I'm READY! I can go out w/out feeling like I didn't do what needed to be done. Very exciting!!
Here's "us" at 38 weeks and counting!!
Aunt Sheila predicted Sunday (yesterday) so I guess she loses *wink*!! The next predicted day is Wednesday, St. Patty's Day. That's Erin's prediction of course....she's all about the Irish! I can't say I'd mind having a little shamrock! Any day now.....

No comments: