Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Doctor Updates & Nursery Pics

Dr. Miletich
39 Weeks
0 pounds gained this week
Blood Pressure: Great
Baby's heartbeat: 160's
Dilation: 1-1 1/2 cm, -2 station

So...not much has changed this week. Still only 1 to 1 and a half centimeters dilated and 50% effaced. She said I'm at -2 station, so he's dropping a little lower in my pelvis. I asked her to guestimate how big she thought he was. It was pretty funny actually, it's almost like she's hugging my belly to try to feel all of him. She guesses he's between 7 1/2 and 8 pounds, but probably closer to 8. So we'll see how that goes. Anthony says they're never right! Who knows?!
My guess is that he's going to be late. I think he's happy and warm and snuggly and has no interest in leaving that environment. I sure hope he doesn't take too long to get here!
The doctor said they'll happily let me be pregnant until 41 weeks without inducing. I told her we were anti-induction, if he's not ready then he's just not ready. She said if he's still not here and we choose to try to make it to 42 weeks it would involve alot more monitoring. And they won't let me go past 42 weeks. So here's hoping he decides it's time soon...

We finally "finished" the nursery this weekend. Some more furniture came out so others could go in. We hung some super cute bubbles from the ceiling and made sure his tiny new clothes were put away. Here are some pictures of what we've done!Our sweet glider where I'm sure we'll spend plenty of time.A very sweet crib surrounded by friendly ocean animals and eye-catching bubbles.

No comments: